Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

177

2 years later I still feel the vicious bite of that number, its recurrence bitingly ironic.

Rarely does the grief associated with my daughter’s diabetes diagnosis reveal itself. Time has dulled the experience.

A change in my peanut’s treatment needs temporarily flares this cyclical grief and I submit to raw feelings with little hope of staunching the spread.

1 comment:

art-sweet said...

I just wanted to say that even though I am a terrible commenter, I am still reading - and your last few posts have moved me to tears. I mourn with you for all that that number has taken away from your sweet Gracie - and I rejoice that she and Sandis - and No. 3 - have the best mom ever to help them muddle through.