Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Monday, July 16, 2007

Pause

The opportunities for a hidden pause, an exaggerated pause, a pause of any type in which my only company is myself are rare. Rare. Wonderful. Noteworthy. Memorable. Perhaps my use of adjectives could be further expanded. Perhaps I am expanding beyond what is necessary.

I paused this weekend. I was firmly locked in bouts of longing and indignant fanciful thoughts. An Escape sans booze became most necessary. I paused this weekend (these past FEW weeks in all actuality) to read.

Have I yet emerged?

Post Wicked (by the illustrious Gregory McGuire) perhaps I shall emerge. Until then, consider me on pause (emotionally speaking).

(And then, outside of being on pause, I am most decidedly wicked wicked wicked…)

On a different note, I was the grateful recipient of the Rockin' Girl award from a fellow mom over at Hayleighbug’s Health Journal.




Now I’ve never necessarily considered myself “rockin'”….Although, you haven’t seen me in my finer moments imagining myself to be famed Jack White.

And although I am no “Martyr for My Love For You” I imagine myself (in my most secret thoughts) to have the energy to match his genius…. But I digress….

I have to thank this fellow mom of special needs children, whose life is touched by something never asked for, never wanted, rarely appreciated, but singularly transforming where our lives and our children’s lives are concerned. I have to thank her for thinking I rock, and then sharing that with all of you in her own forum.

I think I am supposed to pass this on to a fellow blogger, and indeed I shall. I’m passing it on to a mom that makes me laugh. Every.Single.Time.I.Read.Her.Blog.

Sometimes challenges seem that much more “doable” with a smile on your face and a chuckle powering your demeanor.

Thanks Whitterer on Autism

Pass it on if you like, but if you just want to keep it for a while, that’s cool too.

No comments: