Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Making the Cut

I have been chosen to participate in Class 25 for Partners in Policymaking. I am one of forty participants in this years class, and I am honored to be chosen.

My son’s autism diagnosis brought with it a lot of fear. It also brought with it a boatload of paperwork and appointments. And now, almost a year later, I am feeling comfortable with where we are. I am feeling comfortable with the services our family has aligned. I am feeling comfortable and yet I want to move beyond my comfort zone. There are so many families that are touched by developmental disabilities, and I want to help these families.

Partners in Policymaking is the next leg of my journey that began last year on October 19th.

Happiness, Sadness, Accomplishment, and Fear…..These are but some of the emotions I feel. I am happy to be chosen, and I am excited to begin the next leg of my own autism journey.

1 comment:

Amberthyme said...

Congratulations!