Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Playing Memory


Last night we let the kids stay up until "midnight". "Midnight" is actually ten pm with the microwave clock set two hours ahead. That means that Bob and I got to celebrate New Year's twice. Perhaps we are cruel, but everyone was happy in the end. The kids got to stay up until "midnight" and weren't much crabbier than the norm getting there!



Last year we played a little bit of twister and got wild with the guitar. This year? We settled down for some mellow "memory" (well as mellow as staying up late playing memory can be in my family!)



I also managed to get in my annual "questions".

What was your favorite thing about last year?
Gracie - Playing Lightsaber
Sandis - Playing Lightsaber with Gracie & Mom & Bob
Bob - Tickling Sandis & Gracie
Mom- Going to Denver to celebrate Mom's graduation

What was your favorite song?
Sandis - I'm Proud to Be An American & This Land is Your Land (how did he get so Patriotic? Do I have a politician on my hands?)
Gracie - Twinkle Little Star (Seriously, I would have bet on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer seeing as how that has been all I have heard from my back seat these past few weeks!)
Bob - Broken Boy Solider by the Raconteurs
Sarah - Back to Black by Amy Winehouse & 300MPH Torrential Outpour Blues by The White Stripes

What was your favorite Christmas gift?
Gracie - Checkers (Rudolph checkers no less)
Sandis - My playstation game NHL 2K5
Mom - My bookcase
Bob - My mp3 player

What was your favorite movie?
Sandis - Star Wars VI (oldy by goody - Anakin came back from the dark side)
Gracie - Charlotte's Web (I hate this movie, really really really really hate it)
Sarah - Star Wars III (This love tragedy moves me time and time again. I love this movie!)
Bob - The Kingdom

Lastly, I'd like to close with a picture of my weight. I know, I really don't have to, but really, the last time I weighed this little, I was pregnant soon after (meaning it didn't last that long, see what happens when I'm hot?!!) And no, I don't plan on being pregnant anytime soon (not like ever).

No comments: