Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tagged!

I’ve been tagged! This doesn’t happen all that often in my parts, so thanks for the thought Vivian!

The rules:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post. (I’m probably not going to do this. I have trouble NOT following rules, but I’m not big on tagging folk.)
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (please see above)


7 Things About me
1. I am a drug addict. I went to treatment in 2004 for fentanyl & benzodiazepine drug addiction. The experience gave me the peace and strength that has helped me move mountains since then for my family. Sometimes it takes being at the bottom to realize what it takes to get to the top, or even if you still want to get to the top.
2. I am a perfectionist and have trouble breaking the rules. I seriously get a gut ache thinking about lying.
3. My SO is named Bob. Just so you know 
4. I read. I read A.LOT. In October of 2006 we canned the cable, and I began a new reading career. We have no TV stations. We do have some DVDs though.
5. I am a firm believer that you are what you DO. Try tracking your time, all of your time, for a week. See if your values are reflected in what you are choosing to do each day. I learned that in treatment, and it changed my life and my perception of what I am capable of.
6. I can’t stand to have my feet touch eachother. Especially not at night. I need to wrap my feet up in blankets so they can’t physically touch, which in turn drives Bob right up the wall.
7. I am convinced that apathy is a contagious disease. I am also convinced that should you catch this contagion, you must work twice as hard as any other to rid yourself of its taint. But hey, that’s politics…..and seriously, politics doesn’t discriminate. Not if you have a good enough lawyer.

If you read this and you feel like sharing some seven things about you with your reader base, please do. Oh, and consider yourself tagged. But if you DO tag yourself from me, just send me a note, so I can read YOUR seven things.

2 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Thanks for sharing Sarah!

I have a thing at night where I don't want my knees touching each other! I usually have a pillow between my legs when I'm lying on my side. We've all got something like that I think!

Vivian said...

Sarah, what a great 7! Your number one is just one more example of how strong and wonderful you are. I hope you were not offended by the fact that the name Bob makes me laugh. I think you have an incredible partner in your Bob. =) I love what you said about the time thing, it is so very true. The Apathy thing makes me crazy as well. I hate when organizations that are supposed to be for you have apathy toward the emotional or mental part of illness. It should be a whole person approach.