Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tomorrow's Hope

There is always so much hope embedded in tomorrow. And why is that? Why are hopes not realized today? Perhaps they are and I am missing them? Why is hope so firmly entrenched in the future? Is this a basic flaw of personal outlook? Finding hope in the future rather than the now? What happens if I die and all my hopes are set in the next days work? That would be unfortunate….

Unfortunate indeed.

It is difficult to fathom the blessings that have fallen literally into our laps. I just can’t stinkin believe how our life has been paved, literally, by the hands of God. When has your life been paved? When has your way been smoothed? When have your tears been wiped away by the mercy of others? When has relief been found in things that may seem so small to one person but overwhelmingly huge to you?

We have had so much fear in this past year. There has been so much uncertainty…and yes, sometimes I wonder why me? Why me? Why was I chosen to deal with these things? Why not someone different?

I am faced with these challenges and yet I have been given all the tools I need to find hope, joy, and love amidst them. Why not me? Why would I think someone else is better suited? I am perfectly blessed for the opportunities I have been given.

Autism is my opportunity to learn compassion and patience and find joy in everyday life. Diabetes is my opportunity to learn humility, every.single.day.

Compassion. Patience. Joy. Humility.

Are these things important?
Are these things that I will use to build hopes and dreams into today?

Life is not tomorrow, it is TODAY, right stinkin now. I need the hope, faith and peace I find in the joys of today. The joys, ah the joys, I’ve been given.

Unfreakinbelievable.

No comments: