Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Sunday, June 17, 2007

It's Happening....

And I'm pretty bummed.

I know I said I felt more comfortable with Gracie beginning short-acting insulin and starting up all that 4-year old carb counting madness.

But that was my brave-heart speaking, and now I'm indulging my weak-heart. (It is impossible for brave-heart to be in residence 24/7.)

Gracie has had high post prandial sugars for the past two days. 201, 184, 168......

Her post-prandials have never been this high. She is waking up in the 80's and 90's, so adjusting her lantus won't fix these sugars. I'm waiting until they are consistently in the 200's. And then I will call her endo.

I'm pretty bummed about the whole stinkin thing.

To sum it all up: I'm not ready for this. She is four and she shouldn't be sick like this. I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready for this. She's only four. This isn't fair.

This isn't fair.

5 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

It isn't fair. You have good reason to be bummed.

I'm just glad that she has a role model like you and your mom to look to.

Molly said...

I'm so sorry to hear that.
It sucks and isn't fair.

Kerri. said...

It isn't fair. I have no words of gracious encouragement for you. I keep trying to think of something reassuring to write and my fingers continue to scrape at the backspace key.

Your daughter is lucky to have you. You are in my thoughts.

Bernard said...

That just stinks. You're right - it's not fair. On Gracie or on you.

I'm with Kerri, with no words that can really help.

Major Bedhead said...

No, it's not fair. It sucks. There are no platitudes that are going to make you feel better, but at least all of us get it and know just how much it really does suck.