Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Newspaper Funnies

I read an aside in the Saint Cloud Times today about the health clinic in Cash Wise and how they have added a “handicapped accessible” exam room recently.

Sometimes, when I read things like this, it really makes me wonder.

Wasn’t the ADA signed into law in 1991?

This clinic was built only a few short years ago into the existing Cash Wise structure. Why wasn’t the clinic accessible to begin with?

I enjoy reading the paper, because at times, it really makes me laugh (at others, not in general joviality.) Lucky me, I also got to read about the President’s State of the Union Address. The best part about this was a quote published “in response” to the President’s speech.

Representative Tim Walz: “I’m pleased that this is President Bush’s last State of the Union Address…”

Well, Representative Walz, I am googling you now because seriously, you just made my day.

No comments: