Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Lost But Not Stolen

I am the biggest dummy ever.
Seriously.

I received a phone call this morning at 6:30am (WHAT!!???) from the school office (which apparently opens around 6 am). It turns out I left behind my brifcase in the school cafeteria. It makes sense, really. I had brought my briefcase in with me when I picked up Sandis because I needed to give KidStop a copy of his final diagnosis & recommendation paperwork from the U of M. Thing is, I DISTINCTLY remember bringing the briefcase back out with me. I also remember locking my car doors because of said briefcase when we all went into Walgreens after picking up my son. I remember glancing at my briefcase right before going into Panera bread, deciding inwardly whether or not to lock the doors as we went in. I looked at the briefcase, pondered certain irritation when the kids ran all over the parking lot as I unlocked the doors after dinner, and decided to not lock the doors. After dinner we get in the car, and guess what? No briefcase.....

My memory is LYING to me! What the hell? I remember so clearly looking at this briefcase before going into Walgreens and before going into Panera bread. It just wasn't there. Hmmph. I can never trust what I see again. Stupid stinking briefcase.

I am happy to have it back. But.....Yesterday after Gracie's endocrine appointment as I walked back to the parking ramp OVERFLOWING with medical "stuff" for Gracie, important documents folded and stashed here and there so I could find them later, I decided that no briefcase just wouldn't do.

So I bought a whole new setup. It is quite nice really. There is the blue pad holder that has a six spaced expandable file. Then there is the red pad that although it has no expandable file (blasted target the blue one was the last one) it does have plenty of space. Interestingly enough, Gracie and her type 1 diabetes takes up less space than Sandis's autism spectrum disorder. To pull it all together there is a monthly calendar and a nice nice (but not leather) over the shoulder bag to hold all that crap in. Check it out......



It is just big enough and just tidy enough to replace my holey moley green backpack that I bought for 3 bucks at walmart two years ago....I think I have climbed a few notches where my professional appearance is concerned anyhow...



But, now I also have my super nice, sheek black leather briefcase. I figure this briefcase is just gonna take a vacation. My new setup is far superior, although not quite as velvety..I really needed this though. Even with the old briefcase, organization of all the documents for FMLA, med records, appointments, treatment plans, contacts, business cards...ick....ack....was just stacked one on top of the other in no real order. Now I can organize and have everything pertaining to that one child at my fingertips.

Oh, and I bought it all at target for 54 bucks...Not bad eh?

....Not bad for a dummy....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is soooo eery. I don't know if you read my post about Jeff losing his wallet right before we had to fly to FL, well....

Yesterday, he got it in the mail from someone who found it where he left it. It had everything in it. The woman left a note saying she only took out enough money to pay for shipping. Sure enough, the remainder of the money was in it.

Weird how on the same day you both got back what you lost!

Lyrehca said...

What a relief. I've had things go missing that I think the worst of, only to have them turn up and it's like "Oh thank God!" Glad you have your gift briefcase back!

Tekakwitha said...

I'm glad you got all the information back! *phew*

tek

Shannon said...

OK, I don't know why I'm anonymous, but that first post was me

Shannon.....

Scott K. Johnson said...

Wow! Glad you got it back, but what the heck was that "memory illusion" all about anyway?!

You big doofus!! :-)

That is a great setup for a very affordable price! I just love Target.