Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Thursday, January 04, 2007

ATTENTION VIRUS DEITIES

I’ve got some sort of virus ravaging my blood sugars these past few days and it is pissing me right the heck off. That being said, I’m up in the 200’s a lot more lately than in the 100’s, and I have to pee CONSTANTLY.

I think the virus gods need to lay off and the good health gods really need to pay me a visit. I’ve had enough of basals at greater than 100%, corrections that inch me down only a mite, and small amounts of carbs that blow my blood sugars into the skyline. This resistance crap is driving me batty, and the occasional acquiescence that sends me plummeting just crabs me even more!

I’m pretty tired of peanut butter, cheese, and celery for breakfast, lunch and dinner in an attempt to rein my sugars in. I can only get so happy about pot roast sans carb accompaniment for so many days in a row.

Pffft. Phooey on you blood sugars.

I would just be thrilled to chime in under 225. But still over 60. Damn.

3 comments:

floreksa said...

You're not pg are you? ;) LOL

Seriously, though. I'm right there with you. I've been all over the road with bgs today (I've seen 310 and 32).

Anonymous said...

Yikes. That's an awful feeling. Especially since you're doing everything right, and yet, no results.

Hope you get better right away!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Frustrating for sure!!

Hard not to "rage bolus" and just get down there - but then, like you say, you would then be fighting the lows.

How 'bout some middle ground eh?