Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Building Myself Up

Take all of the many things you do in a day, in a week, in a month, compile them together and see what type of list you get.

I am a:

Mom, Nanny, Technical Writer, Graphic Illustrator, Chauffeur, PCA, Butt-Wiper (my favorite task ever!), Receptionist, Concierge, Appointment Setter, Janitor, Referee, Mediator, Lawyer (minus the schooling), Nurse, Message-Taker, Filer, Medical Records, Clerk, Chef, Waitress, Sister, Daughter, Girlfriend, Financial Analyst, Financial Adviser,
Budget Analyst, Fund Executor, Account Manager, Sales Rep., Marketing Rep., Forecaster, Juggler, Wrestler, Circus Act, Motivational Speaker, Packer, Mover, Correspondence Coordinator, Insurance Claims Rep., Disability Advocate, Massage Therapist

The list goes on and on. And really, I amaze myself with the extent of what I can accomplish in a day, a week, a month.

Do you think I can get away with putting all of this on my resume? (hehe)

Sometimes I wonder why I was so blessed to have awesome children with such specific and detailed needs.

Then I realize that it really is no wonder at all. I have every single tool I need (not to mention personality trait) to aid them on their paths to success. I am so lucky to have them. But they are pretty lucky to have me, too.

(I’ve taken today as an opportunity to build myself up. I hope that each person that reads this at least privately takes an opportunity to build themselves up, as well. We have every opportunity in our life to not be good enough. Well today, I’m giving you license to be better than good enough, to be more than enough, to be perfectly suited for your own unique challenges. Go on, I dare you!)

No comments: