Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Congratulations Mom!

My mom has been in university pursuing a degree for 10 years. She has changed majors a few times, and she eventually found her niche in nursing.

My mom graduated on May 6th with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. She not only graduated, she also graduated from University as a member of an exclusive nursing honor society.

My mom went to school full time while she worked full time. She juggled an immense workload. She has also been a diabetic for nearly 44 years.

My Mom is AWESOME!

10 comments:

Major Bedhead said...

Congratulations, Sarah's Mum! That's a fantastic accomplishment.

Carol said...

Ahhh...so that's where you get your reslience and tenacity! What an ispiration your mom is. So what does she want to do with that nursing degree when she grows up?

Carol said...

Oops, so I can't spell :(

meanderings said...

Yay Sarah's Mom, how very nice!
Colleen

Vivian said...

The women in your family are simply amazing. Just imagine what your daughter will accomplish. Woo Hoo for Girl power. lol

Minnesota Nice said...

I agree with Vivian - now we know where you get your awesomeness from, and where Gracie gets hers!!
That is soooooo very cool, Sarah.
Tell us more about the trip.

George said...

Congrats to your mom! What an inspiration!

Bernard said...

Great job Mom, that's just amazing.

I'm sure it was REALLY hard work, and I'm just glad it wasn't me!

Lora said...

Congratulations Sarah's Mom! Way to go! She is an inspiration, I truly admire all the hard work and her accomplishments.

Amberthyme said...

Congratulaions to your Mom! I hope you all have a wonderful time with her celebrating her wonderful accomplishment.