Health care is a basic human right, not a privilege. For some reason, we’ve allowed ourselves as Americans to be fooled into accepting that one must be blessed with “means” to actuate appropriate health care. As a nation we have failed to realize that our health care system is a barometer of our society’s value for human life.

-Me

Friday, October 06, 2006

A little more about me

I've resisted but I've never been good at bucking peer pressure, so here ya go!

1. Do you still have tonsils?
Yep, and I'm reminded of that fact at least once a year.

2. Would you bungee jump?
Absolutely not. I went to a water park once that has those near vertical slides. I was scared to DEATH to go down this thing, but did anyway. I was so terrified I almost passed out going down it. Once I got to the bottom, my bathing suit bottom was now my bathing suit top, and my top, where did that go?

3. If You Could Do Anything In The World For A Living What Would It Be?
Something that requires very, very little time and whose pay is inversely proportionate to the amount I time I spend working

4. How many tattoos do you have?
one, a homemade DK (for dead kennedy's) on my right upper arm. It really doesn't count though, most people assume it is pen on my arm. Red pen.


5. Your favorite fictional animal?
haha, a Liger

6. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
Bob!

7. Do you consider yourself well organized?
I am anal and organized to the point of despair for everyone close to me. My organization needs a techo-tweak though, I write everything down on paper. You should see my budget....seriously......it's very organized but the notebook thing is almost embarrassing

8. Any Addictions?
I've actually been to chemical dependency treatment for fentanyl and benzodiazepines. Maybe some day I will elaborate more on that.

9. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?
News? What the hell is news? I'm completely out of the loop on this one.

10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?
Neither, please take my ticket. I'd much rather stay in and read. Or sleep. Or run. Anything.

11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Either an Engineer or a Lawyer. That worked out well.

12. Best Movie You've Seen This Year?
Lil' Miss Sunshine, it was hilarious.

13.Favorite alcoholic drink
A glass of dry red wine

14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Wake up my kids.

15. Siblings?
I have two older sisters, one is 33, the other is 32. I have a younger step-sister who is um, younger than me. I have a half-sister who is seven, and I have a half-brother who is five. That means my son has an uncle that is YOUNGER than him.

16. What is the best thing about your job?
I write for a living! haha, just kidding, I mean, I do write for a living, but it is technical writing so it really doesn't count. I draw for a living, too. It is extremely low key, no pressure, punch in, punch out, work 40 hours or 10 hours of overtime we don't care kind of job. It is great.

17. Have you ever gone to therapy?
um, ya, I was forced to and I hated every stinkin minute of it.

18. If you could have one super power what would it be?
I don't want any super powers, but i wouldn't mind having an unlimited supply of patience, and a little more of tolerance and understanding. Things I feel I lack when times feel too busy or stressful.

19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea?
nope, I don't even know what ikea is.

20. Have you ever gone camping?
of course I've gone camping! What is wrong with you?

21. Gas prices! First thought?
This whole thing pisses me off.

22. Your favorite cartoon character?
Um, I really don't think I have one.

23. What was your first car?
1987 Plymouth Sundance 2dr with Turbo

24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
I would love to be married. BOB? DID YOU READ THIS???!!! haha, not too subtle I know.

25. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
neither, Im so tired of tv, charter pisses me off, it has ruined tv FOREVER.

26. Do you go to church?
I should, but I haven't this year....I'm so ashamed.....I'm a pastor's daughter too...

27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Jesus

28. What errand/chore do you despise?
I HATE GOING TO WALMART

29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
damn

30. Last time you puked from drinking?
I dont even remember, a long time ago

31. What is your heritage?
Polish and Norwegian

32. Favorite flower?
I don't have one.

33. Disney or Warner Bros?
I don't like either

34. What is your best childhood memory?
I have a funny childhood memory, when I was walking with my dad at the golf course across the street from my Grandma's he starts gagging and spitting. I asked him what was wrong and he says " I just swallowed a JUNE BUG!" I didn't know what a june bug was then. We were visiting Minnesota but we lived in Santa Fe, NM. I learned much later in life, and I laughed and laughed and laughed at his expense.

35. Your favorite potato chip?
I like soy chips. Im not much on potato anything.

36. What is your favorite candy?
I love cookies.

37. Do you burn or tan?
I burn, then peel, then freckle

38. Astrological sign?
Leo

39. Do you own a gun?
Of course I don't.

40. What do you think of hot dogs?
Ick.

No comments: